Creativity and Motivation: Dealing with both successfully
Students who are aspiring to become NIFT and NID students must be aware of the fact that how these two institutions stress on the candidate’s individual creativity and its proper usage as far as the entrance examinations are concerned. In order to pursue a career in design, it is recommended that students are creative and know how to use their creativity properly so that they are able to come up with authentic designs. Creativity is the key if one wishes to be successful in the field of designing. The problem with creativity is that often it becomes too lazy to come out and without the bait of proper motivation, it rarely works.
A creative project requires one to be supplied with constant motivation so that the progress on the work remains unhindered and uninterrupted. Below are five essential steps which, if followed will result in a continuous supply of motivation allowing one to play freely with his or her creative qualities.
– The project on which one is working must be challenging enough for the creative energy to be devoted wholeheartedly. Trying new things, experimenting, increasing the level of difficulty, exploring unexplored areas are things that should be done in order to make any creative project more interesting and challenging. When you are trying something you haven’t tried before, there are high chances of you not being highly successful on the first attempt which itself acts as a motivational factor to accept the challenge and keep on trying.
– The method of creativity must be changed from time to time if one method is not motivational enough. For students who aspire to be design professionals, they must adapt various methods and see which one is motivational enough to supply them with fresh creative ideas which they can incorporate as a part of their preparation. It must not be forgotten that all creativity is in the head and requires refreshments from time to time.
– When creating something, it is important to take notice of other viewpoints as well because different viewpoints provide different aspects to the creative project. Creating something from a different point of view might result in a better end product which in itself will act as a major motivational factor. So students who aspire to be designers can try and come up with designs which might be appealing for people with a contrasting viewpoint. Once successful, the motivational factor will become a part of this new viewpoint, enabling the creator to use his or her creativity better.
– It is important for one to look inside himself or herself and search for creative motivation. It is a known fact that creativity resides inside us. We just need to have a certain level of motivation to look for the creativity residing inside us. A little bit of motivation is required to motivate the self and searching the self is the best motivational task. Motivate yourself to motivate your creative ideas. If executed properly, these are ideas which seldom fail!
– The idea of having fun must never evaporate from a creative artist’s mind. For every work he or she undertakes, it must be remember that the basic idea behind the work is to enjoy yourself and nurture your creativity in the process. The lack of motivation is often due to excessive pressure and tension related to work and expectations from work. Creative artists are not machines and their human nature makes them creative geniuses.
Motivation is required for creativity and by now as we have realized, creativity is required for motivation. Following the above points will help in motivating students aspiring to learn about designing from institutions such as NIFT, NID because their field deals with creativity and it is important on their parts to remain motivated in order to find success in their chosen field.