Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology Admission 2020 Exam Date, Application Form, Admit Card
- November 8, 2018
- Posted by: Editorial Team
- Category: Design
Founded in 1996, Srishti Institute is a renowned design school known for its multi-disciplinary approach that enables it to channel an aspirant’s artistic and intellectual potentials altogether, supported by the institution’s strong indigenous cultural grounding. Its environment is more like ‘earn and learn’ as the students are encouraged to explore and innovate. Srishti also offers technical undergraduate courses apart from UG professional programs.
What makes Srishti Institute one of the most sought-after design schools is its top-rated facilities and resources. Its study models are holistic ones that provide students ample scope to craft, create, immerse, reflect, interact and practice, so that the students of Srishti never fail to create their signature in the world of design.
The Srishti Entrance and Aptitude Test (SEAT)
The Srishti Institution conducts Srishti Entrance and Aptitude Test (SEAT) for its UG programs. SEAT consists of three phases-
- Test 1 – This is a written test (Test 1) of 2-3 hours.
- Test 2 – Upon the passing of Test 1, aspirants are invited for an aptitude test. This test can be written-only or part-written and part-practical. It is to be conducted as per the nature of program the aspirant had applied.
- Test 3 – This phase comprises of portfolio review followed by a counselling session.
Step 1: Apply for SEAT
Step 2: Generate admit card for Test 1.
Step 3: Take Test 1 and check the results at the Srishti website.
Step 4: Upon success, appear for Test 2 and 3
Step 5: Check the final results at Srishti website.
Step 6: Registration and admission
- Along with the application form, a design aspirant has to submit documents related to Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ), id proof, age proof among others. As every year SEAT is held at four levels, applicants are advised to make selections carefully.
- For Test 1, applicants must apply for one round only in an academic year, though they can apply for more than one course at Srishti.
- Portfolio to be submitted at Test 3 should be created as per portfolio guidelines and other mandatory submissions announced along with the results of Test 1.
For applying at Srishti, the must meet the Minimum Education Qualifications (MEQ), which varies for different design courses. Applicants between 19 to 35 years can apply.
As of now, the last date of application for 2019-2020 is over. The final dates and examination centres for SEAT 2019-2020 is yet to be announced.
Faculty and facilities:
This renowned design school has two campuses. While its Bangalore campus is the main design hub, its Pune campus only offers various diploma programs. Within the school premises of its Bangalore campus, there are four grounds which are junctions of art, science, and pedagogy, thus helping the students to interact and evolve beyond their respective subjects.
There are four campuses at Srishti-
N1 – Film and Animation Campus
N3 – Foundation Studies and Technical Campus
N4 – Studios/Projects/Workshops Campus
N5 – Studios/Projects/Workshops Campus
To boost the creative index of future designers, Srishti Institute has a well-stocked library of over 15,000 documents as well as online journals. It has separate workshop spaces, studios, and labs for different verticals of design, like- weaving workshops, apparel making workshops, dyeing workshop, type and image workshops, wood workshops, metal workshops, etc. It has a flagship program called the Kabir Project. The school also holds writing forum, cultural events, sports, and other recreational activities. Facilities- Srishti Institute has its own transport facility commuting across the city. Other amenities include- wifi, IT support, wellness centres, accommodation facilities, etc.
The Srishti community is a well-knit one comprising of students and practising professionals. The faculty of Srishti takes part in learning opportunities such as exchange programs, conferences, and exhibitions, thereby helping in an all-round development of the students. Life at Srishti is an aggregation of cultural events, field trips, conferences and workshops, publications and patents, research and collaborations.
Courses and Fees
The disciplines offered for Bachelor of Design (B.Des) are-
- Business Services and System Design
- Creative Education
- Human Centered Design
- Industrial Arts and Design Practices
- Information Arts and Information Design Practices
- Public Space Design
- Visual Communication and Strategic Branding
The disciplines offered for Bachelor of Creative Arts (B.Cr.A.) are-
- Contemporary Art Practice
- Creative Writing
- Digital Media Arts
- Experimental Media Arts
- Film from Srishti Films.
For B.Des and B.Cr.A, which are 4-year programs, the fees structure is divided on yearly basis. For the batch of 2017, the fees for successive years were INR 5,35,500*, INR 4,54,000*, INR 4,78,000*, and INR 4,99,000*.
*The fee is subject to annual review by the University of Mysore, and to be charged on actual.
Placement / Recruitment
Though this renowned design college provides internship programs, it does not have a designated placement cell. Srishti’s industry linkage and range of collaborations bring excellent opportunities for students all the time. Srishti has a strong alumni network around the world. Students can easily connect with them and enjoy unparalleled industry exposure and get associated with major corporations around the globe.
Package – n.a.