NID Studio Test – Interview & Portfolio Preparation
Candidates need to clear two stages of examination in order to secure admission in designing programme offered by NID. The two stages are:
Stage 1: NID DAT (Prelims) – Pen and Paper Based Written Examination
Stage 2: NID DAT (Mains) – Studio Test andPI (Personal Interview)
- 1 What Is NID Studio Test
- 1.1 NID 2020 Studio Test- Important Dates
- 1.2 Downloading process for Admit Card of NID studio Test
- 1.3 Detailed analysis about NID Studio Test
- 1.4 Preparation Tips and Strategies for NID Studio test 2020
- 1.5 NID Test Portfolio and Interview
- 1.6 Why Opus for NID Studio Test
- 1.7 Register for a Free Demo Class
What Is NID Studio Test
Candidates are shortlisted for the second phase of examination, i.e., NID DAT Mains (Studio Test and Personal Interview) based on their performance and score in the Design Aptitude Test (prelims exam).
The Studio Test for NID 2020 admissions may comprise of questions based on drawings/sketching, model making, group discussions, presentation, etc.
- Admit card / Hall ticket of the shortlisted candidates for phase two will be available only the Official Websiteof NID.
- Candidates are evaluated out of a total of 100 marks.
- Candidates get three hours to finish the examination.
- Medium of instructions for NID Studio Test 2020 is English.
- Candidates that get shortlisted for the Studio Test round will only be allowed to appear for Personal Interview.
NID 2020 Studio Test- Important Dates
The table given below has the important dates pertaining to NID DAT (Prelims and Mains) 2020:
Schedule for NID DAT Mains(Studio Test)
|NID DAT |
|December 29, 2019|
|NID DAT (Prelims) Result 2020||March 19, 2020|
|Admit Card distribution for NID DAT Mains (Studio Test) 2020||April 14, 2020|
|NID DAT Mains |
(Studio Test 2020, Portfolio, Interview)
|Final Result of NID DAT 2020 after Studio Test, Portfolio and Interview||May, 2020|
National Institute of Design has declared the dates for NID DAT Exam 2020. The latest date for filling the Application Form for NID DAT Exam 2020 has been extended till November 15, 2020 (2:00pm) without any late fee.
Downloading process for Admit Card of NID studio Test
Candidates who qualify the NID DAT (Prelims), will have to appear for NID 2020 Studio Test and Personal Interview by downloading their Admit Card. Follow the below mentioned steps to download the admit card for NID Studio Test 2020:
Step 1: Enter the following details
Candidates can download the Admit Card for NID Studio Test 2020 by entering the following details:
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Verification Code
Step 2: Click on Submit Button
Click the submit button after filling the above mentioned details.
Detailed analysis about NID Studio Test
Candidates will be given three hours for the task completion of NID Studio Test 2020. Follow the below mentioned list to know the parameters candidates will be evaluated on:
- 3D Model making
- Clay modelling
- Wire moulding
- Audio / visual test
- Portfolio and interview
Preparation Tips and Strategies for NID Studio test 2020
Candidates can follow the below mentioned steps in order to boost their score in NID DAT Mains (Studio Test) 2020 –
- Ensure that you include all of your artwork that highlights your skill set.
- Candidates must practice keeping the three hours exam duration in mind.
- Candidateshave to work on the execution and understanding of problem.
- Candidates have tobe prepared for being interviewed and face the interviewer confidently.
- Candidates have to prepare a professional Portfolio.
NID Test Portfolio and Interview
NID Test Portfolio and Interview round is conducted separately for each specialisation right after the Studio Test at the same location. This plays a crucial role in the final selection. The primary reason for holding interview is to assess the knowledge and interest of the candidate in designing. The candidate will be judged by the panel on- career focus, aptitude and soft skills.
Candidates must carry their portfolio, i.e., original drawings, 3Dmodel photographs, creative writing, poster, calligraphy, etc.
Why Opus for NID Studio Test
- The course includes rigorous training in enhancing your designing skills.
- We have well trainedand experienced mentors to help students to crack the entrance exams with ease.
- We provide identified specific Skill Sets that NID will test you on.
- We provide you with result oriented, comprehensive study materials.These are designed by the alumni from top design institutes.
- We provide you with special attention and guidance to help with the portfolio interview.
Register for a Free Demo Class