NIFT 2020 TEST PREPARATION TIPS
Do not trip, take some tips for the upcoming NIFT 2020. This has evolved into a success mantra – to avoid a slip in the competitive entrance test. After several months of grueling hard work, aspirants acquire the confidence to approach the examination. OPUS observes that many students tend to marginalize the importance of preparation tips, and the lack of proper focus on mock tests leads to less impressive performances every year.
With specially designed study material kit for NIFT 2020 exam and multiple series of mock tests from OPUS, candidates have the rich resources needed to excel. With only a few weeks available for the NIFT 2020 entrance test, solidify the last-minute preparation schedule with access to the best source instead of cluttering your mind with inconsistent exposure to several sub-standard resources available online. All it requires is a judicious application of the mind to avail of quality content from OPUS and sharpen the winning edge.
The OPUS NIFT Mock series is a must for those planning to take the NIFT 2020 and other design entrance tests this year. OPUS mock tests are considered to be one of the toughest ones in the industry. The entire curriculum helps you gauge where you stand in your preparation. It also strengthens your conceptual base – with meticulous attention to all the concepts tested for the NIFT 2020 and other allied design entrance exams. The OPUS mock tests cover every aspect of the NIFT 2020 exam keeping the latest trends in mind. Each mock is designed on the latest NIFT model and has all the analytics you require to assess your performance. Review mocks at your own pace with the explanatory answers and understand your direction of progress.
- Complete access to our Online Suite which comprises test resources, GK supplements, past years’ papers and OPUS updates.
- 10000 + topic wise questions with detailed explanatory answers uploaded onto your student zone account.
- Unlimited backups and helpline sessions.
- 10 Full-Length NIFT proctored mocks (CAT + GAT), 5 Offline Mocks, Review sessions.
- Past Year NIFT papers and reviewing strategies to ace the NIFT and other DESIGN entrances
If you were not in a position to attend the full-time OPUS NIFT course, you still have the privilege of getting access to all the online resources from OPUS. It is a fantastic set of material to follow, particularly useful for students staying in small towns and remote cities.
- Go through newspapers, magazines and fashion-related websites every day to get new ideas and inspiration.
- Prepare a list of strengths and keep working on them.
- Pick up ideas from everyday life like posters, advertisements, and newspapers.
- Add detailing to make your outfit stand out vis-à-vis other creations.
- Begin with light sketching to save time in erasing. Darken it after gaining confidence.
- Practice sketching every day and improve detailing.
- Learn human sketches firt.
- Learn calligraphy for making posters and banners.
- Follow fashion international magazines like Vogue and Cosmopolitan.
- Stay updated with new trends and use them in your designs.
- Always wear a watch while practising and increase your speed every day. Keep track of time to utilise every minute in the examination hall.
- Check collections by other designers and get inspired.
- A good grasp on grammar and fluency in spoken English will ensure progress in this domain.
- Learn the prescribed syllabus of the NIFT exam.
- Keep revising topics and lessons covered every week.
- Buy practice books for the logical reasoning tests and practice them for at least half an hour daily. Solve questions online as well. Download app if you spend more time on mobile.
- Get a proper hold on Mathematics. You need to be excellent in 10th-grade math to manage it well.
- Avoid copying ideas and answers as it will damage creativity and thought process.
- Practice sample papers and keep track of the time for better time management.
- Learn about fabrics, colours and stitching.
- Keep gadgets away to avoid distraction.
How to Prepare for NIFT 2020
The GAT paper consists of academic subjects like Reasoning, Mathematics, English Language and Comprehension. The Business Domain segment needs a three- pronged approach with studies in static GK, current affairs and fashion and industry awareness.
The academic subjects can be studied through classroom contact programmes at OPUS or through self-study with the help of study material from OPUS. However, the creative ability paper must be prepared under expert faculty guidance to master the finer nuances of the NIFT 2020 Entrance Exam. One must always work in a time-bound manner during the preparation stage for the papers. OPUS provides a comprehensive list of topics that one should prepare well for the NIFT 2020 exam.
The questions are based on grammar and syntax. The questions are based on common topics – synonyms, antonyms, idioms and phrases, spot the errors, cloze test, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, analogies, spelling errors, one-word substitution and ordering of sentences or passage. Build your vocabulary extensively.
Verbal & non-verbal – series, coding decoding, directions, ranking, sitting arrangement, syllogism, calendar, clocks, eligibility criteria, blood relations, cubes & dices, line counting, graph, puzzles et al.
Number system, ratio proportion, averages, ages, profit and loss, speed time, upstream & downstream, mixtures, pipes and cisterns, work time, simple interest, compound interest, mensuration, set theory, trigonometry, height and distance, permutation and combination and probability.
Creative Ability Test
Concepts of three dimensions, perspective drawings, product design, space design, the human figure, colour rendering and illustration skills, colour interpretation, visual communication questions like posters, product life -cycle, process drawing and other creative varieties, best taught under personal mentoring at OPUS.
In order to perform well in NIFT 2020 Entrance exam, one should work on overcoming the weaknesses while enhancing the strengths in a time-bound manner.
The entrance test comprises two main components: Creative Aptitude Test and General Aptitude Test. The General Aptitude Test consists of objective type questions with one mark for every correct answer.
A key component of the preparation for any exam is to understand the paper pattern and style. The entrance test consists of two main components: Creative Aptitude Test and General Aptitude Test. The General Aptitude Test comprises objective type questions with one mark for every correct answer.
Creative Aptitude Test:
The test focuses on judging intuition skill, the power of observation, innovation in the development of a concept and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative use of colour and illustration skills.
General Aptitude Test
- Quantitative Ability: It consists of questions on addition, multiplication, division, fractions, percentage, rate of interest, work and task, ratio and proportion, and distance.
- Communication Ability: It is meant to test the language ability of the candidates. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one-word substitutes, idioms and phrases and correct spellings.
- English Comprehension: It requires understanding and answering questions regarding a specific passage.
- Analytical Ability: It is designed to test the candidate’s inference and logic ability from given information.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs is based on recent events and general knowledge.
- Case Study: This test uses a situation to evaluate your style of response in order to discern your managerial ability.
Finally, if you believe that you can do it, get rid of all the psychological barriers you have. If you practice every day and stay dedicated instead of taking it casually or leaving the preparation half-way, you will get through the NIFT 2020 entrance exam. Practising every day with a relaxed and relieved mind will help you in understanding the topics better and you will be able to retain the learning for a long time.
Hope you find these tips from OPUS useful for the NIFT 2020 exam.
Related Post: NIFT – Study Resources – CAT and GAT Exam