DESIGN COLLEGES 2019- RANKS, FEES, PLACEMENT & ADMISSION
Design yourself for top design colleges
Are you inclined to pursue something in the field of fashion and design? If you realize that you have a creative bent of mind and love to visualize, it is better to sharpen your skills in this domain to see your name in the top design colleges. Pursue a course in fashion and designing from a reputed design college and bring your creativity to life. Though many argue that creativity cannot be taught, a professional course does impart the basic know-how in the
area you specialize, bringing you closer to how the industry operates. In this process you end up learning a lot about the profession, honing the application of your creative skills and gaining exposure about where to seek better employment opportunities across the world. Since the core requirement is creativity, one needs to assess whether there is a genuine passion for the field or just a fleeting attraction for the work. Once you have made up your mind, it is the beginning of a long, solitary struggle that involves your personal growth as a creative individual and also the academic journey that should begin from a respected institute so that your placement scope is widened to make a promising professional start.
Before you complete the course, anxieties regarding job offers assail your mind and distract you from studies. How the outgoing batch gets placed becomes your concern as well as indicates your future prospects as well. But remember, every premier college has a placement cell and the creative industry is always on the look-out for quality professionals since talented individuals are in huge demand. A candidate who gets into NID or NIFT campus does not have to worry about lucrative jobs after completing the course.
Placement Office provides a strategic platform to synergize and facilitate interaction between academia and industry with an idea to provide exposure to students, creating opportunities for project-based learning like graduation projects, industrial training, classroom projects and live projects. Every year, Industry Interface provides a meeting ground where the prospective employer and students can meet and the employers can identify suitable candidates for recruitment in their organization. Such events create awareness among the industries / firms / studios/ NGOs. / Govt. Sector / MSMEs about the colleges and their various modes of operations.
Students are encouraged to pursue opportunities in areas such as social communication, service sectors, technology enhanced learning, Craft Design, Green Design, Universal Design, and Experiential Design. The quality of education received by graduates has contributed to their success at various levels across diverse segments of the economy. Their works and ideas have been acknowledged nationally and internationally.
Design Colleges: Rankings
There are many colleges offering undergraduate and post-graduate courses in design applications and fashion today. The availability of multiple academic options is good for industry growth. But it also clutters the minds of those looking for the best colleges to study. While there is no definite merit list of such campuses in India, some good ones are often mentioned in the media and online space. Here is a list of reputed design schools offering industry-recognised professional training that you might find useful.
Design Colleges in India
- NID (National Institute of Design)
- NIFT( National Insitute of Fashion Technology)
- NID ( Vijayawada)
- IIT-UCEED, Mumbai
- IIT – CEED, Mumbai
- Pearl Academy, (Delhi, Noida, Mumbai, Jaipur)
- Srishti School of Art, Design &Technology, Bengaluru
- SOFT ( School of Fashion Technology), Pune
- MIT Institute of Design, Pune
- Indian Institute of Art and Design (IIAD), Delhi
- United World Insitute of Design (UID), Ahmedabad
- Arch Academy of Design, Jaipur
- UPES – School of Design Studies, Dehradun
- The Design Village (TDV), Noida
- World School of Design (WSD), Sonepat
- IMS- DIA (Design and Innovation), Noida
- Mody – CFDM, Lakshmangarh, Jaipur
Presenting below the fee structure followed at NID to offer aspirants an idea about the expenses involved in pursuing an integrated course.
Fees applicable to Indian students for design course
|Yearly Expenses (IN INR)|
|B. Des.||M. Des.|
|Studio & KMC charges/ I.T. infrastructure charges||55,000||55,000|
|Hostel Room Rent & Electricity Charges||25,000||30,000*|
|Student Development Fund||400||400|
|Security Deposit (refundable)||10,000||10,000|
|Monthly Mess Charges|
(subject to periodic revisions)
Comprehensive Fees Package
|FE FEE DETAILS||YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3||YEAR 4|
|TU TUITION FEE||₹120000||₹120000||₹120000||₹120000|
|OT OTHER FEES||₹65800||₹55800||₹55800||₹55800|
|T TOTAL YEAR WISE||₹1.86 LAKHS||₹1.76 LAKHS||₹1.76 LAKHS||₹1.76 LAKHS|
|GRAND TOTAL||₹7.13 LAKHS|
|YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3||YEAR 4||YEAR 5||YEAR 6||PROGRAM GRAND TOTAL|
Bachelor in Fashion Technology Course Fees
National Institute of Fashion Design Admission is abbreviated as NIFT Admission. NIFT Admission is the under graduate & post graduate entrance examination – conducted by NIFT in major cities across India. Candidates willing to get under graduation & post graduation degree in design courses are supposed to clear the NIFT Admission entrance test.
About NIFT Admission 2019
NIFT Admission is meant for fashion and design under graduate & post graduate course. Candidates need to fill the application form and apply for the entrance examination. This is university entrance examination where anyone can apply for the entrance examination and can get admission in fashion and design course.
Bachelor of Design – 4 years
- Accessory Design
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design
- Knitwear Design
- Leather Design
- Textile Design
Bachelor of Fashion Technology – 4 years
- Apparel Production
Master of Design – 2 years
Master of Fashion Management – 2 years
Master of Fashion Technology – 2 years
Eligibility Criteria – NIFT Admission 2019
To be eligible for NIFT Admission entrance examination and study in NIFT in major cities of India, candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria.
For Bachelor Programmes in Design Colleges
- Candidate’s maximum age should be 23 years as on October 2016. 5 years relaxation for the SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- The candidates should pass the 12th or its equivalent examination from any recognized education board of India or its equivalent.
- For apparel production, the candidates must have the Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics in 12th standard
For Master Programmes in Design Colleges
- There is no age bar for the master programmes.
- For M.Des and MFM, candidates should have a bachelor degree from any recognized university.
- Or, the candidates have the diploma in UG design or any UG diploma of minimum 3 years duration from NIFT/NID only.
- For the master of fashion technology, the candidates should pass the Bachelor degree in the same branch from NIFT or have the BE/ B.Tech from any recognizeduniversityof India.
Application Process in NIFT Admission 2019
Candidates keen to take the NIFT Admission Test need to fill the application form and pay the registration fees.
Candidate need to follow the mentioned below steps:
- The online application starts from 20th October 2016
- Candidates need to fill the application form by mentioning the personal details.
- General category candidates need to pay Rs. 1400/- through NIFT Gateway Rs. 1500/- through the DD. For SC/ST/PHP candidates need to pay Rs. 800/- through NIFT Gateway Rs. 900/- through the DD.
- The last date to fill the application form will be by January 2019.
Registration Fees of NIFT Admission 2019
The registration fees for NIFT Admission where General category design college candidates need to pay Rs. 1400/- through NIFT Gateway Rs. 1500/- through the DD. For SC/ST/PHP candidates need to pay Rs. 800/- through NIFT Gateway Rs. 900/- through the DD.
Age Limit for NIFT Admission 2019
For Bachelor Programmes in Design Colleges
Candidate’s maximum age for applying in design colleges should be 23 years as on October 2016. 5 years relaxation for the SC/ST/PWD candidates.
For Master Programmes
- There is no age bar for the master programmes.
Exam Pattern for NIFT Admission 2019
NIFT Admission will be conducted on 2019. The syllabus and exam pattern are mentioned below:
Phase 1 – Paper Based Test (PBT) – All UG and PG Programmes (CAT and GAT Exam)
Phase 2 – Paper Based Test (PBT) – B.Des & M.Des Programmes (CAT and GAT Exam)
Phase 2 – Computer Based Test (CBT) – B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech Programmes (GAT Exam)
- There are 150 multiple choice questions for Phase 1 & 2.
- There are 150 multiple choice questions for Phase 3.
- Questions will be related to English language and Comprehension, Current Affairs, General Knowledge and Legal Awareness and Aptitude.
- There is no negative marking in that entrance exam.
- The language of the written test will be English.
- Exam duration will be of 150 minutes.
Admit Card for NIFT Admission 2019
The hall ticket of the design college candidate will be available on the official site of NIFT in selected major cities of India. After the announcement of admit card, the candidate can download the card by filling up the application number. Candidate can take the print out of the admit card. The hall ticket will be available a week prior to the examination date. Admit card will not be sent by post, candidates are supposed to download the admit card from the official site only.
Results of NIFT Admission 2019
Every year the entrance examination for design colleges is conducted where the results are declared in March 2019.
Important Dates of NIFT Admission 2019
The below mentioned are important dates for NIFT Admission Entrance Exam
- The online application starts from 20th October 2017
- The last date to fill the application form will be 10th January 2019
- Admit card will be provided a week prior to the examination
- Entrance examination will be conducted by 14th February 2019
- Results will be declared by March 2019
- Counselling process will start by May 2019
Counselling Process of NIFT Admission 2019
Shortlisted candidates for design colleges are supposed to login into the official site and check their counselling dates. Selected candidates have to carry original mark-sheets and certificates at the time of counselling. If they fail to carry their original certificates and mark-sheets their admission will be cancelled. Downloaded mark-sheets and certificates are not allowed. The counselling process would start tentatively by May 2017.
Related Post: NID Latest Exam Review