It’s there in the things you see, it’s there in the stuff that you use and it’s there in the footwear that you wear. From cities to household products, designers are what made them possible. In a nutshell, everything follows a specific design.
In effect, great designers use their skills to design something great that is practical, aesthetic, simple and easy to use. Given this you can very well imagine the scope designers have. We’ve listed here some popular career options in design that are in demand now-
- Jewellery or Accessory Design: This requires designing daily lifestyle products that we use. Starting from earrings to necklaces to sunglass, wallets, cutlery and much more. The concept should be very clear in designing these products as it should be handy and easy to use, yet has a smart look. For a jewellery designer, having a sound knowledge about precious and semi-precious stones and metals are mandatory.
- Interior Design: If one is fond of organizing interior space or making a house or office space look great while still maintaining its usability, then he/she should focus on Interior Designing. Providing innovative and stylish ideas like how to make a small room look really big, or what colour wall will add an instant beach effect or soothe your mood, or even choosing showpieces to decorate a room, all these are the basic tasks of an interior designer.
- Footwear Design: In footwear industry, work is divided into three broad categories – designing, manufacturing and marketing. Under designing, one has to design new patterns of shoes, for both men and women, according to customers’ choice and requirements. Creativity, knowledge of market trends and computer literacy are a must in order to succeed as a footwear designer.
- Industrial Design: This combines art and business to come up with products that are heavily used in Industry. This could include hardware (machines that are used in factories) or electronics. The major challenge is to make something that add values to business by combining its practical efficacy and ease of use.
- Graphic Design: Graphic designers are the brains behind the visuals and layouts of websites, magazines, logos and more. Job growth for general graphic designers isn’t too bright. They are still not in demand much in the areas of print and publishing. However, computer-related jobs are expected to grow hugely in the coming years. If one is ready to develop their programming skills along with artistry, then it can be a successful career option in Web or tech design.
So, if your aim is to be a part of any of these sectors, or even there are careers where designers play a key role, then start preparing from today. Getting effective entrance test prep is the first stepping stone towards success.