ISDI Admission 2020 Exam Date, Application Form, Admit Card
At the ISDI, design aspirants who are gifted with the calibre to innovate and come up with design solutions are welcomed. The under graduate courses at ISDI are designed specially to empower its students so that they become future industry leaders. Its best-in-class infrastructure and globally-recognized study models simply take the students closer to their dreams.
- 1 The ISDI challenge has three steps:
The ISDI challenge
The faceoff with the ISDI challenge is the only way to get admission in this prestigious design school. This challenge for the Under Graduate design programs aims at handpicking future design innovators who will form a buzzing creative community. Thus, the ISDI challenge is for those who love to dare their creative side and have fun doing so.
The ISDI challenge has three steps:
- Creative aptitude test
- Studio test
- Personal interview and portfolio review
There are 5 steps to your dream college –
- Step 1: Submit the duly filled application form
- Step 2: Deposit the application fee
- Step 3: Schedule the ISDI challenge
- Step 4: Face the ISDI challenge
- Step 5: If successful, claim your place
The requisites for the ISDI challenge
- Step 1: At this stage, you must put all your details in the online application form that is available at ISDI website. Once you submit the form successfully, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- Step 2: Along with the non-refundable application fee of INR 3,500/-, the Declaration form, past academic transcripts, certificate or mark sheet of any course last pursued, photocopy/scanned copy of ID proof and PAN card, are to be sent to ISDI by means of email, courier or hand delivery to the ISDI admission office. Note that the application fee can be paid online through PayTM/ DD/ Pay Order drawn in favour of Payback to Society Foundation.
- Step 3: For scheduling your ISDI challenge, first check the dates on ISDI website. Call the ISDI Admission line to schedule your ISDI challenge. Note that the ISDI challenge is completed in a single day only.
- Step 4: For the ISDI challenge, you need to carry the admit card, original ID proof for verification (same as photocopy submitted earlier), and your portfolio. You need not carry any stationary as those will be provided by ISDI authority.
- Stage 5: You can check the results on ISDI website. On success, the results will be emailed to you after ratification.
Students appearing for class XII board exams (any discipline) or have cleared XII board exams/educational equivalent (any discipline) are eligible to take the ISDI challenge for 4-year under graduate programs. The upper age limit for applicants is 21 years.
Last Dates to Apply ISDI Admission 2020
The ISDI challenge for the 2020 batch is to be held in Mumbai on 23rd December 2017. The last date to apply is 19th Dec 2019.
Exam venues for the under graduate 2020- 2021 session are not yet declared.
Courses and Fees
Every year, the Indian School of Design and Innovation (ISDI), extends the opportunity to build a career in design to the most promising design aspirants across the country. ISDI is one of the leading design schools in India that has gifted several connoisseurs in the field of fashion and design.
The Under Graduate programs offered by ISDI are-
- Communication Design
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Communication
- Interior Design
- Product Design
- Strategic Design and Management
Fees- On time enrollment fee for 2020 – 2021 undergraduate programs was – INR 76,750*
*Subject to change as per government policies and 10% increase per year.
The fee structure for the 2020 undergraduate batch is not yet published.
Faculty and Facilities
ISDI is the home to a sprawling creative community. Its globally benchmarked programs are designed in a way to bring out the best in its students. These programs are aided by expert mentors and latest technologies. The faculty, comprising of specialist, competent educators help students at every step to discover a new frontier in innovation and design. Under their able leadership, ISDI has successfully created an ecosystem of creativity, innovation, and sustainability. To boost creativity and performance index of its students, ISDI stresses on a global learning approach through building a global network- chiefly through partnerships with educational institutions in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
The ISDI campus is full of life with study trips, interactive workshops, seminars, fashion shows, design festivals and feasts. Located in the heart of Mumbai, the ISDI campus has a state-of-the-art infrastructure. The list includes dedicated studio spaces, auditoriums, canteens, well-equipped classrooms and labs, locker facilities, etc.
Placement and Internship
ISDI bridges the gap between traditional education and industry standards. It regularly organizes student-industry interface in the form of Observership, Apprenticeship, and Internship. Each of these phases has a predefined timeline. ISDI assures 100% internships.
|Observership||Sem 2 – Sem 3||70 to 80 hours||Exposure to professional work culture|
|Apprenticeship||Sem 4 – Sem 5||Up to 150 hours||Intermediate level training|
|Internship||Sem 6 – Sem 7||Min 200 hours||Industry exposure and development of multifaceted collaborations|
The ISDI Round Table Conference is an important part of this interface where students are introduced to opportunities and challenges in the world of design. It also helps them choose the right subject of specialization.
AYM Syntex, BLOK, BRIJ, Cognizant, Design Stack, Gaia, Eureka Forbes, Dyworks, Genesis, Godrej Design Lab, Landor, Leaf, Magenta, HB Design, Tata Motors, Onio, Ranjit Sinh Associates, StyleByAmi, Tata Elxsi, and many more.
In the year 2016, ISDI undergraduate batch had 100% internships in acclaimed national and international firms.
Some of these organizations were- CISV (Norway), Creative Co, Conde Nast India, Forest of Chintz, The Clothing Rental, Matchstix Productions, Talati & Panthaky, Vandana Ranjit Sinh, ByDesign (Bangalore), Rahul S Nair, Gaia Smart cities, Leo Burnett India, and Motomu among many others.
The employers and partners of ISDI, who mentor the students throughout the year and also provide necessary industry exposure, are-
Microsoft, Phillips, Landor, Fitch, Godrej, Conde Nast, Talati & Panthaky, FCUK, Lowe Lintas, Guess, Tommy Hilfiger, DKNY, Samsung, Hercules, Future Factory, Jimmy Choo, Titan, Vogue, Dyworks, D COOP, Matchstix, MAD Project, Tata Motors, Colours Infinity, ByDesign, The Clothing Rental, IndieGoGo, Motomiu, Forest of Chintz, 129◦ Design Studio, Mullen Lowe Lintas Group, Leo Burnett, Ranjit Sinh and Associates, Gaia, RGD, Tailored Tech, CISV International, Creative Co, etc.
Package – n.a.