NID 2020 – Detailed about Design Courses
NID 2020 forms are out and here are the details:
|1||Last date for Online Registration/Application Process for B.Des., M.Des. and GDPD applicants on the website: http://admissions.nid.edu||28 November 2018 (Monday)|
|2||Online availability of Admit Cards for DAT for B.Des. and M.Des. and GDPD candidates||3rd week of December 2018|
|3||Design Aptitude Test for B.Des & GDPD||(1000 Hrs. to 1300 Hrs.) on 8th January 2020 (Sunday)|
|4||Design Aptitude Test for M.Des||(1000 Hrs. to 1300 Hrs.) on 8th January 2020 (Sunday)|
|5||Design Aptitude Test for Overseas candidates (for both B.Des. and M.Des)||(1000 Hrs. to 1300 Hrs.) on 8th January 2020 (Sunday)|
|6||Studio Test & Interviews for Overseas candidates (for both B.Des. and M.Des.) at Ahmedabad campus.||2nd week of January 2020|
|7||Declaration of results of Design Aptitude Test for M.Des||8th February 2020 (Probable)|
|8||Online availability of Admit Cards for Studio Test & Interviews for M.Des. candidates||12 February 2020 (Probable)|
|9||Declaration of results of Design Aptitude Test for B.Des & GDPD||22 February 2020 (Probable)|
|10||Online availability of Admit Cards for Studio Test & Interviews for B.Des. candidates||29 February 2020 (Probable)|
|11||Conduct of Studio Test & Interviews for M.Des. at all three NID Campuses, as per schedule announced.||19 March to 15 April 2020 (Probable)|
|12||*Conduct of Studio Test & Interviews for B.Des and M.Des. at Ahmedabad NID Campus||17 May to 24 May 2020|
|13||Declaration of Final Result for M.Des. and B.Des.-1st Merit List||31 May 2020 (Probable)|
|14||Document verification, payment of fees and completion of admission formalities at all three campuses of NID, for selected candidates||16 June 2020 (Probable)|
|15||Announcement of Waitlisted Candidates for B.Des. and M.Des. – 2nd Merit List||17 June 2020 (Probable)|
|16||Document verification, payment of fees and completion of admission formalities at all three campuses of NID, for selected candidates in waitlist (if required)||29 June 2020 (Probable)|
|17||Orientation Programme at all three campuses of NID||14 & 15 July 2018 (Probable) |
- 1 EXAM CENTRES:
- 1.1 HOW TO APPLY: THE PROCESS
- 1.2 Step 1: Sign up
- 1.3 Step 2: Fill Application Form
- 1.4 Step 3: Upload Photograph & Signature
- 1.5 Step 4: Pay Application Fee & Print
- 1.6 B.DES (ELIGIBILITY AND COURSES)
- 1.7 B.DES COURSES:
- 1.8 M.DES ELIGIBILITY AND COURSES:
- 1.9 M.DES COURSES
HOW TO APPLY: THE PROCESS
Visit the official website www.admissions.nid.edu and follow the steps below:
Step 0: Read and apprise yourself with the information on eligibility criteria,number of seats, test centres, reservation policy and other relevant information related to admissions to B.Des. and M.Des. programmes at NID in the Admissions Information booklet available on the website. Relevant information related to admissions to GDPD programme at NID Vijayawada is provided in the NID Vijayawada prospectus, available on the website. PLEASE NOTE: The Design Aptitude Test (DAT) is common for applicants for both B.Des. (at Ahmedabad) and GDPD (at Vijayawada).
Step 1: Sign up
a) Register / signup online at http://admissions.nid.edu by filling in the required details.
b) Please ensure that the email id and mobile number you provide should be valid for atleast one year.
c) Login to your account using the email id and date of birth provided during signup.
Step 2: Fill Application Form
a) Login and proceed to Step 2 – Application Form
b) For applicants applying to undergraduate programmes, Please make a choice for the specific programme – (i) only B.Des. (ii) only GDPD (iii) both B.Des. and GDPD. Please note that once the payment formalities are completed, this
choice cannot be altered.
c) Fill all the required details in the application form.
d) ‘Save & Exit’. You can always login at a later time and continue to complete the application process
e) If you have your scanned photograph and signature as per the instructions,then Go to ‘Save & Proceed’ to ‘Upload Document Section’.
Step 3: Upload Photograph & Signature
a) Upload scanned photograph as per the instructions. It should be in JPEG format only not exceeding 100 kb size. Browse / choose your scanned photograph from your computer and click on ‘Upload’.
b) Upload scanned signature as per the instructions. It should be in JPEG format only not exceeding 100 kb size. Browse / choose your scanned signature from your computer and click on ‘Upload’.
c) After uploading scanned photograph and signature, Save your application OR click on ‘Save & Proceed’ to Payment section.
Step 4: Pay Application Fee & Print
a) Select mode of payment to pay the application fees online by Credit/Debit Card or offline by Demand Draft and submit the required details.
b) After verifying the details submitted you can proceed to make payment.
c) NOTE: After making the payment of application fees, you will not be able modify or edit any information provided during the submission of application form.
d) After making online payment successfully, you will be redirected to the Print section. You can take a print of the application form submitted for your reference or save it as PDF file.
e) If you are making payment by demand draft, make the demand draft in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi. You must fill in details of the DD online to complete the process of online submission of application form before 27 November, 2015.
f) To complete the application process, you must send the demand draft and a printout of your application form in a single envelope, so as to reach the following address before 11 December, 2018 (probable – check dates on the NID brochure).
(Note: National Institute of Design has authorized “All India Management Association, New Delhi” to process all the applications for B.Des., M.Des. and GDPD programmes.)
The Project Manager – CMS
All India Management Association
Management House, 14,
Institutional Area, Lodhi Road
New Delhi 110 003
B.DES (ELIGIBILITY AND COURSES)
CRITERION 1 – AGE LIMIT
Upper age limit for candidates is 20 years of age (relaxable by three years for reserved category) on or before July 1, 2018.
• General Category applicants:
Candidates born on or before July 1, 1997 are not eligible.
• Reserved Category applicants (OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PH):
Candidates born on or before July 1, 1994 are not eligible.
CRITERION 2 – EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
Applications for Academic Year 2020-18 is open to applicants who have passed or will appear for the qualifying examinations under the higher secondary (10+2) from any recognized Board of Education such as AISSCE/IB/ICSE, or
equivalents, during the academic year 2015-16.
Examinations considered as equivalent to class XII are:
• The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org).
• Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
• Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
• Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
• Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
• H.S.C. vocational examination.
• General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
• High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
• Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination, conducted in India
|Sr.No||Specialization Offered at Ahmedabad Campus||No. of Seats|
|3||Ceramic & Glass Design||10|
|5||Animation Film Design||15|
|6||Film & Video Communication||10|
M.DES ELIGIBILITY AND COURSES:
CRITERION 1 – AGE LIMIT
Upper age limit for candidates is 30 years of age (relaxable by three years for
reserved category) on or before July 1, 2020.
• General category applicants:
Candidates born before on or before July 1, 1987 are not eligible.
• Reserved category applicants (OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PH):
Candidates born on or before July 1, 1984 are not eligible.
CRITERION 2 – EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
Applicants must either have appeared or passed, or will be appearing in any of the following, before July 2020:
• Bachelors degree in any discipline under the 10+2+4 (or more) system, from any university or institute recognized (by law) in India.
• Diploma in Design under the 10+2+4 system, from any university or institute recognized (by law) in India.
Applicants must either have passed or appeared (results awaited), in the following, before July 2015:
• Bachelors degree in any discipline under the 10+2+3 system, from any university or institute recognized (by law) in India.
PLEASE NOTE: In case Degree/Certificate has been obtained from a University/Board of any other country, then an equivalence certificate must be obtained by the candidate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi, (website:www.aiuweb.org) prior to admission
|Sr.No||Discipline of Specialisation at Ahmedabad Campus||No. of Seats|
|1||Animation Film Design||15|
|2||Ceramic & Glass Design||10|
|3||Film & Video Communication||15|
|Sr.No||Discipline of Specialisation at Bengaluru Campus||No. of Seats|
|1||Design for Retail Experience||15|
|2||Digital Game Design||15|
|Sr.No||Discipline of Specialisation at Gandhinagar Campus||No. of Seats|
|2||Lifestyle Accessory Design||15|
|3||New Media Design||15|
|5||Strategic Design Management||15|
|6||Toy & Game Design||10|
|7||Transportation & Automobile Design||15|
IF YOU NEED ANY ASSISTANCE FOR THE NID 2020 ENTRANCE, DO CALL US OR MAIL AND WE’D BE GLAD TO HELP
Related Post: NIFT Self Study Materials