NLS Admission Notification, Form, Eligibility, Result & Merit List
National Law School of India University is one of the most prestigious law universities that offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses on legal education.
NLS Admission Date 2020:
The West Bengal National Law School of India University, a public state university of Kolkata, West Bengal conducts admission every year in the month of June. The 2020 schedule for Admission in NLSIU is mentioned below:
|Last date to submit the application form||April 18, 2020|
|Entrance exam (PAT)||April 30, 2020|
|Announcement of merit list for personal interview||May 10, 2020|
|Personal interview in NLSIU (Bangalore) campus||May 26 and 27, 2020|
|Announcement of the shortlisted candidates for admission||June 1, 2020|
|Last day to pay admission fee||June 15, 2020|
|Commencement of the course||July 1, 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for NLS
Candidates aspiring for admission in NLSIU has to fulfil the eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
|BA LLB||Candidates must have passed the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) or an equivalent examination. General: Not less than 50% SC/ST/candidate with Disability: Minimum 45 aggregate marks Candidate must not be 20 years of age or older as on July 1, 2020||CLAT|
|LLM||Candidate must have secured LL.B Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognized university. General: With minimum 55% aggregate mark, SC/ST/candidate with Disability: Minimum 50% aggregate marks||CLAT|
|M.Phil||Candidate must have secured a Master’s Degree from a recognized university with at least 55% marks||Entrance Test + Interview|
|PhD||Candidate must have secured Master’s Degree of any university recognized by UGC or an equivalent degree from a foreign university. General: A minimum of 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA. SC/ST/candidate with Disability: A minimum of 50% aggregate marks||Entrance Test + Interview|
|LLD||Candidate must have secured PhD degree in Law from a recognized university||Merit Basis|
- Foreign nationals can seek admissions directly on the basis of their performance in the qualifying examination, overall academic record, and command over English Language.
- English should have been a compulsory subject in 10+2 or equivalent Higher Secondary Examination
NLS Application Form & Fee:
Application Form –
- Candidates can fill the form online by logging into CLAT website and upload all the self-attested documents required.
- Students will have to pay the fees using online payment methods – debit or credit card, net banking, etc.
Application Form Fee –
Fee for submitting the application form for NLS Admission 2020:
- For General / OBC / SAP – Rs. 4000
- For SC / ST category – Rs. 3500
NLS Result & Merit List
NLS Admission 2020 will be conducted on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam. A merit list of the shortlisted candidates will be announced after Entrance Examination 2020 and the selected candidates will be called for counselling after Personal Interview. Upon completion of counselling candidates are offered admission for the respective courses.
Candidates can check the official website for more details regarding the cut off marks and merit list.
NLS Admission 2020 Fee Structure
|Bachelors of Arts + Bachelors of Law (BA LL.B) (Hons)||5 years||183,800|
|Masters of Law (L.L.M)||1 year||88100|
|M.Phil (Law)||1 year||70000|
|Ph.D. (Law)||3 years||88,333|
|Doctorate of Law (LLD)||3 years||88,333|
NLSIU Admission Contact Details:
Address – NationalLaw School of India University,
P.O. Bag – 7201, Nagarbhavi,
Bangalore – 560 072, Karnataka, India.
Contact Number – +91 80 2321 3160, +91 80 2316 0532, +91 80 2316 0535, +91 80 2316 0533
Fax – +91 80 2316 0534
Website – http://www.nls.ac.in/
Why choose Opus to get admission in NLS:
Why should you choose The OPUS Way for preparations to get into NLS? Find your answer below:
- The integrated learning and the advanced curriculum provided by OPUS helps you to give your best in the entrance exam.
- OPUS is the apremier institution in the field of law entrance exam coaching and legal education. We provide immense support and give proper guidance to the Law aspirants.
- OPUS has various options such as – classroom programme, online course, study materials, test series, etc.
- The expert trainers at OPUS make it easier for you to achieve your dream to get into top NLUs by sharing their learning experience.
- Students appearing for CLAT or any equivalent examination have access to free guidance through mail directly, as and when required.
- OPUS provides you with the most comprehensive mock tests, detailed solutions to your questions and regular updates.