NIFT Situation Test is the final phase of the Entrance Examination. Upon clearing the written test, NIFT organises a Situation Test for the candidates who have applied for Bachelor of Design Programme. The primary reason for conducting the Situation Test is to check the innovation abilities of a candidate. The Situation Test is conducted for two hours where a team of professionals evaluates how candidates make use of the material which is provided to them.
NIFT Situation Test plays an important role in the final selection of the candidate as it contains 20% of the total weightage.
- 1 NIFT 2020 Situation Test- Important Dates
- 1.1 Schedule for Situation Test
- 1.2 Download process call letter of NIFT Situation Test
- 1.3 Detailed analysis about NIFT Situation Test
- 1.4 Preparation Tips and Strategies for NIFT 2020
- 1.5 Why choose Opus for NIFT Situation Test?
- 1.6 Register For a Free Demo
NIFT 2020 Situation Test- Important Dates
Important dates pertaining to NIFT Situation Test 2020 are listed below:
Schedule for Situation Test
|NIFT Entrance Test|
(GAT and CAT)
|January 20, 2020|
|NIFT Result 2020|
(for Bachelor of Fashion Technology announced)
|March 6, 2020|
|Registration for NIFT Situation Test 2020||First week of April 2020|
|NIFT Situation Test 2020, Group Discussion, Interview||April / May 2020|
|Final Result of NIFT after Situation Test||End of May / June 2020|
Download process call letter of NIFT Situation Test
Candidates who qualify the Entrance Exam, will have to appear for NIFT 2020 Situation Test by downloading the Call Letter. Proceed by following steps mentioned below to download the call letter for NIFT Situation Test 2020.
Step 1: Enter the following details
Candidates can download the Call Letter for NIFT Situation Test 2020 by submitting any two of the details mentioned below:
- NIFT 2020 Application Number
- Date of Birth
- Roll Number
Step 2: Click on Submit Button
Candidates would have to click the submit button after filling the above mentioned details.
Detailed analysis about NIFT Situation Test
Two hours will be provided to complete the task for the NIFT Situation Test 2020. Follow the below mentioned list to know the parameters the candidates will be evaluated on:
- Colour scheme
- Construction skill
- Composition of elements
- Creative use of given material
- Finesse of the model
- Overall presentation
- Candidates won’t be allowed to use additional or outside material while making the model.
- Candidates have to talk about and explain the topic and concept in the English Language.
- Candidates will get disqualified if they explain in any other language other than English.
- The candidates will be assessed by the jurythen and there.
Preparation Tips and Strategies for NIFT 2020
Every candidate gets evaluated on the basis of theirability to handle material provided to them to make 3D models for NIFT Situation Test.
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below in order to boost their score in NIFT Situation Test 2020 –
- Candidates must improve upon observation skills and try to take inspiration from different things around them.
- Candidates must practice keeping the time (2 hours) in mind.
- Observe the materials that you have been given and think of a concept, then prepare a rough sketch before you start working on the model.
- Practice at home by experimenting with different materials. Few of the materials that are good for practice are listed below:
|Aluminium Sheet||Glaze Paper||Rubber Sheet|
|Beads & Sequins||Gift Wrapping Sheet||Rubber Band|
|Coloured Clay||Ice Cream Sticks||Thumb Pins|
|Copper Wire||Mount Board||Tissue Paper|
Why choose Opus for NIFT Situation Test?
Why should you choose OPUS for NIFT Situation Test 2020? Find your answer below:
- We offer Seven Days workshop – practical application, which will coverall types of tests in the classroom with InnovativeThemes and Aesthetic Appeal.
- We provide similar 3D Models as provided by NIFT for Situation Test.
- We provide you with the best Prep Materials prepared by our experienced mentors.
- We provide free material kit that includes cardboard, clay, different types of wires, papers, fabric, etc.
- We provide special sessions by professionals in the field of fashion and designing to give you an experience of real life exposure.
- The expert trainers at OPUS make the learning experience engaging, interesting and enjoyable.
- We give you the ultimate guide for NIFT Situation Test Preparation.
- Students can get free guidance through mail directly as and when required.